Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sneak Peek and Some Catch-up

I finally got around to uploading the pictures from off my camera to my laptop tonight from Paul's cake. It didn't come out quite like I had wanted it. Part of the problem was the fact that I ran out of icing. I had enough to get the grass done, but not to do the details on the train. It took more frosting to get it all frosted than I had expected. It might be do to the fact that I was working with a 10" cake base instead of my usual 8", or it could also be due to the amount of layers I had. Needless to say we had plenty of cake to eat and share. It was the same amount of cake that would make five dozen cupcakes. Thankfully my parents, brother, sister & future sister-in-law came over to help celebrate. So I sent half of the base cake home with them because I knew there was no way the five of us would (should) eat all of that. lol. Paul was pretty happy that he finally got his train cake, so I guess that is what counts.

Photobucket

I can't believe it's already a week into March. We have started our busy time of the year again. It was nice to have a bit of a breather in the month of February between everything. Michaella started volleyball practice last Thursday night and is enjoying it as much this year as she did last year. They have enough girls in her grade out that they are their own team this year, so that helps. We start going to tournaments next Saturday. This year they are every other week instead of every week, so that will be nice. Hunter thinks we need to fill those empty weekend with going to Tae Kwon Do tournaments, though, so we'll have to see what kind of weekends we have coming up. I'm thinking we will wait until the end of the month after he has tested for his orange belt to start going to those.

Dance recital and competition season has also started here. Michaella's winter dance recital was a couple weeks ago and afterward Kailee has decided that she wants to dance, too. Guess next year I will have 2 dancers.   Good thing she will be old enough to start next year.

We are headed up north for competition this year. Since we will also be around several of the rabbit breeders that have the breed that Paul thinks we should get the kids to show for 4-H, I said we could maybe get the kids' bunnies that same weekend. Right now the plan is to get two of them (and yes they will be the same sex because no I do not need little baby bunnies hopping around. ;) ). We already picked up the cage for them last weekend and one of Michaella's friends said she would help Michaella litter box train them. While looking at new campers during the camper show, the kids were looking at them and deciding if they bunk house was big enough to take the bunnies with us. :O

Thankfully just this week my brother and future sister-in-law moved into their new house that is only about seven miles from our house now! My brother has already offered to take care of the rabbits for us while we are camping, so that means we don't need to find a camper that will be big enough to take them along much to the kids' disappointment. lol. Though they are super excited to have them living that close and already have big plans on being able to go over to their house and "hang out". (I think my brother is just as excited about living so close as my kids are. Of course it's not because of being close to me...It's because of Paul. lol.)

And now for what you all probably are wanting to see... :) I'm so excited to show you my next mini kit in my A Year in Pictures series, that I decided to give you a little sneak peek of it tonight.

Photobucket

See you on Friday with the full reveal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment