Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm so glad it finally stopped raining this week. Last Friday morning I woke up to a phone call from the school at 6:20 am saying that even though there would be some transportation issues with the roads east of town being closed due to flooding school would still be on time. Didn't think much of it because as long as we have lived here (over 11 years) our road has never been closed because of flooding. So I laid back down until my alarm went of 25 minutes later. I had to substitute at the school that day, so I had to get up earlier than normal to get myself and everyone else ready. Just out of curiousity I decided to look out my bedroom window and what I seen was quite the surprise. The field across the road was full of water. It's not unusual to see a lot of water in that field in the spring when the snow thaws, but this was a lot more than normal. These pictures were taken around 3:30 in the afternoon, so the water had gone back down a bit by then, but this will give you some what of an idea.





So I watched several cars drive up to the corner and turn around. That is when I realized that the road was closed. At that point I didn't know how I was going to get into town. Our road was the highest one I could think of that was close. When my grandparents came to pick up Kailee, (they were watching her for me that day) they confirmed that the road was closed. So I decided to call the bus garage to let them know the kids weren't riding since I didn't know if the bus would be on time or not. I also asked right away which roads were open and found out I had to go all the way around to interstate to get into town. It was the only road open to get into the town from the east. So my normal 8 minute drive turned into closer to 25 minutes.

After school I did what any good scrapper would do and went and got pictures. They are not quite as impressive as they would have been if I could have gotten them first thing in the morning, but there was still quite a bit of water there. On the other side of all the trees in the picture is our city park. It was under 5 to 6 feet of water.



Check out this layout using Happy Scrap Girl's new Serenity kit. The pictures are from our vacation to Yellowstone National Park in 2008. I'm slowly working my way on getting the photobook done. I have a long way to go though. I have about 30 done and only 70 more to go. I did get a couple more pages done for my grandparents' anniversary photobook, too, this past week you can check them out in my gallery. I'm so close to finishing it. I need to have it done and printed in time for Christmas. My cousin had her baby on our anniversary, so now I just need to get pictures of her and there shouldn't be anything else from stopping me getting it done. :)



How great is this? A free kit from the awesome designers at ScrapMatters! Check out the add below or the sidebar for details. Hurry and get signed up for both before Oct. 8 because you don't want to miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment