Friday, March 13, 2009

First Posting

First I would like to welcome you to my blog and thank you for stopping by. :) Wow, did I have a surprise earlier this week! I decided to try the Design Star Competition at ScrapMatters just for the heck of it. (http://www.scrapmatters.com/) We had to design a mini kit with 3 papers and 3 elements. The color palette they gave us was so awesome. It reminded me of our vacation to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks this summer.

If you want to grab my Art of Nature mini kit from round one you can find it here:

*Links expired*

I also have some more elements and papers for this that I will try to upload later.

When I uploaded my kit and posted it, I figured that I would probably not make it past the first round. I had dabbled around a bit with designing scrap products, but nothing too serious. Well when I logged into the message board on Monday morning, I couldn't believe what I was reading. There on the list of participants moving on was my name!!!:O Talk about making a person do a double take. ;) Anyway our assignment for round 2 was to design a paper pack with 3 solids and 5 patterns. My inspiration for mine came while I was trying to get my little munchkin to sleep. ;) Her sleeper was just the inspiration I needed for colors and theme. Here is the preview for my paper pack:


*Links expired*

Well I also came up with several other papers to go with it, too. I will work on getting them together and uploaded so you can pick them up, also. I had a lot of fun designing these 2 items. Even if I don't move on to round 3 I learned a lot.

Enjoy!

Well my little munckin decided her nap has been long enough, so I better go get here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 11 Apr [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 12 Apr [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete