Sunday, September 2, 2012

Playing Catch-up

It seems this summer I just can't catch much of a break (a bit of foreshadowing here.). :P As I mentioned last time I posted I was going to be spending that week getting ready for my little sister's wedding. That Wednesday as soon as I got off work I went to my grandparents' house to work on the cupcakes and cake for her wedding. Thankfully we had a lot of help. Not only were my mom, grandma and sister there, but we also had my sister's future mother-in-law, our Bolivian sister, her sister and mom helping. It still took me until about midnight to get everything done. We made 23 1/2 dozen cupcakes! :O Half of them were white velvet with a vanilla buttercream decorated with ivory pearls. The other half were chocolate fudge with a cheesecake mousse filling topped with a vanilla buttercream and sprinkled with purple disco dust. I heard there were rave reviews on them! :) After showing a few of them how to do the frosting swirl on top it was time for me to start working on the cake. I had a lot of first working on this cake. It was my first time working with cake dummies, doing a square cake, painting with luster dust and using an impression mat. Check it out... (the feathers on and under it are from my brother's peacock, too!) 

Photobucket
Photo courtesy of Sara Dawn Photography. 

Thursday night was her rehearsal. We thought all the hiccups were behind us finally since the next day was the wedding. Little did we know I was about to have the biggest one of the entire event that night. :( We had had troubles getting her invites done since I was without my computer for so long. The pastor they originally had planned on doing the ceremony wrote down the wrong date and was on vacation. I ran out of ink while printing the front of the programs and was going to have to finish printing them that night when I got home (hadn't had time to pick up ink anywhere before that). The guys' outfits didn't show up until Wed afternoon and quite a few of them were the wrong size and they didn't know if they could get the right ones there in time. Plus just a few other little things here and there. Rehearsal went great and everyone was looking forward to the next day. After having the rehearsal dinner, I helped get some of the decorations up in the church and then we decided we better get home so the kids could get to bed and not be so tired for the next day. Paul and the older two had headed out already and I was finishing up a couple last minute things. I was carrying Kailee out to the car because she was starting to get tired. There was a set of steps that we had to go down to get to the car parked out on the street. Unfortunately the motion light outside the church didn't turn on and while I was going down them I thought I was on the last step but I wasn't. I went down, but managed to keep Kailee from getting hurt. I on the other hand was not quite as lucky. :( As soon as I hit the ground I knew I was hurt bad. I called for Paul telling that I had broke my leg. He sent Michaella into the church to tell them to call for an ambulance. I was in so much pain. I was still sitting there holding my leg off the ground because my foot was hanging at a ninety degree angle from my leg. The local rescue squad came but unfortunately they couldn't give me anything for the pain. I had to wait for the ambulance to come and transport me to the closest hospital. Once there they gave me pain killers that knocked me out because they had to put my ankle back into place since it was dislocated and set my leg because it was broke in 4 places. From there I was transported to one of the large hospitals in our area where I had surgery the next afternoon to put in a couple plates and screws. This also meant that I was unable to go to my sister's wedding. :( I was just coming out of the anesthesia shortly before the wedding started. They had set up a computer in the back of the church and my dad had run a laptop to the hospital so I could watch it over Skype. I remember talking to my sister and my kids and then the music before the wedding started, but after that I don't remember seeing any of it. I got out of the hospital that Sunday.

Paul hadn't used his week of vacation yet this year so he took that first week off so he could stay home and help me get around a bit. That first week was pretty rough. I'm still not able to put any weight on my foot for at least another three weeks and the pain comes and goes yet. I have felt like doing absolutely nothing the last three weeks, which is probably good since I really can't do a whole lot yet either.

I have had a couple new releases since I last posted that I haven't had a chance to show you. First up is this fun collab I did with Jady Day Studio and Down This Road Designs. I was so excited to get a chance to work with these fabulous ladies! Love the way this kit turned out! You can find it under the Twice as Nice Collab category at ScrapMatters.

Photobucket
Image is link to the store.

Here are some of the great layouts the SM CT made with Fair Days.
Photobucket

Next up is this alpha that was part of the Mixed Matters grab bags that were released last week. This week it is now available in my store.

Photobucket
Image is link to the store.

Here is a layout by Melinda using this alpha with my Pretty as a Peacock kit.

Photobucket

ScrapMatters is having a Designer Call! This is the first time in over four years that this has happened. So if you have ever wanted to sell at ScrapMatters make sure to hurry and get your applications in. Image is linked to the blog with more details.

Photobucket

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment