Friday, September 7, 2012

Butterfly Garden

The last few weekends Paul and the kids, along with help from both our families, have been working on cleaning up our acreage a bit. They started by taking down an old chicken coop that we had up by our house. We have been talking about doing it for quite some time now, but just never really got to it. While they were taking the walls down, the one just fell over from them pushing on it, so it was definitely time for it to go. The other building that they took down we hadn't planned on taking it down. We were going to use it to house the rabbits, but when they got it cleaned out Paul decided that it wasn't in good enough shape for that. The floor was very warped and we were worried that if we tried to move it closer to the barn the floor would fall out. So that meant it was coming down too. We also had three old and not very nice looking trees down in our pasture that got cut down finally. The yard looks so different and much more open now. They also worked on cleaning out our barn, so we can eventually move our bunnies out there. (I forgot to mention we are now up to FOUR bunnies-2 males and 2 females.) We have gotten a few cages from my brother's farm and picked the kids' grandparents up a few other ones at an auction a few weeks ago. Now we just need to get everything set up out there for them.

School has been in full swing now for the last three weeks and I think we have settled into our routine pretty good for right now. Michaella started junior high volleyball practice last week and had her first game yesterday. They won 1 out of 3 games, but the two they lost were pretty close. Next week she has two games. With me not being able to drive it has been a bit of a challenge to figure out how she was going to get home, but between my family and her being able to walk to a friend's house until Paul gets home we have been managing to figure it out. Thankfully my family lives fairly close and is willing to help us out. I have to say that not being able to drive has been one of the biggest challenges of having me being laid up. I have had to rely on everyone else to get the kids and I where ever we need to go. I'm hoping it's not too much longer before I have the go ahead to drive again.

Kailee is getting so excited. She gets to start preschool this Tuesday! She has been asking just about everyday since the kids started if she gets to go that day too. She is only going to be going one day a week this year because I wasn't able to get her signed up in time to go to the other preschool programs in time. I had planned on taking her with me, but since they are doing that program this year that plan didn't work and it was too late to get her signed up for one in town here. It's hard to believe she is old enough to start school already! My baby is growing up.

Ok, enough with the sappy and on to the fun! :) I have a new release at ScrapMatters this week. Some of you might recognize it as my part of last August's blog train. I've revamped it a bit and added some additional embellishments. Butterfly Garden was inspired by late summer days with the bright colored flowers and all the butterflies fluttering around, especially the Monarch butterfly.

Photobucket

Here are a couple layouts using Butterfly Garden by my CT and the SM CT.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't forget that ScrapMatters is still taking applications for their Designer Call if you have gotten you application in yet!

Until next time...Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment