Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Apparently I've been a bit neglectful of my blog again. oops. Lot of things have happened since my last post. Some good, some bad. Worked my way through them all and here we are. :) Won't bore you will all the details, but let's just say I'm glad the last couple months are over. Can't believe that stores are already getting out the back to school stuff & that my kids have less than 7 weeks left of summer vacation.

I managed to get 65 pages done for the Queen of Scrap contest in May at Scrap Matters. My goal was to get to all the prize levels and I succeed, so even though I didn't get crown Queen or Princess I'm pretty happy with the outcome. And thankfully my mojo didn't leave me like it did last year because...

This is my month to be a guest on the Scrap Matters' store CT! Woohoo! I'm so excited! :) Lots of fun things happening there this month.

The first of the month seen the return of the Daily Download. The designers have put together a beautiful kit for you this month. There are still quite a few days left to grab it so make sure to head over there and start collecting the pieces.






It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...at least it will starting Friday at Scrap Matters. They are having a Christmas in July sale again this year. This is the perfect time to get ahead of the game and get some fun Christmas projects started.






So many great releases at the store again this week. I had a chance to work with the pretty new collab called Drift Away from by Becca and Graham Like the Cracker. Love the colors and all the fun elements in this kit. I used the bundle to create this page from our trip to Sea World a couple years ago.



Another new release I worked with this week is The Basics Templates Set 3 by Haynay Designs. I used her Tumble Time kit to finally scrap one of Michaella's gymnastics pictures. Love the fun, bright colors of this kit. I can see myself using this one quite a bit. :)



Summer is a great time to cool off with a bowl of ice cream and this month's Matter of Taste challenge is the perfect place to find some fun new recipes. Make sure to check them out and while your add it scrap a page of your own favorite. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and can't wait to try it out. We have had an ice cream maker for several years, but don't use it very often. I'm hoping this challenge is just the push I need to get it out and start using it again. This page uses Happy Scrap Girl's Berry-licious Bundle.






Trixie Scraps also has a new release this week, but because of the server move at Scrap Matters was unable to release it there. But don't worry you can still grab it at Gotta Pixel and her personal store. Viva la Vino originally released during her guest spot at The Digi Chick but has now made it's way "home". She collabed with Rachel of Steel City Scraps to bring you this great kit full of rich colors. It was the perfect kit to scrap the pictures of our yummy desserts we had at Le Cellier in the Canada pavillion at Epcot.



She has also started a great new challenge at Gotta Pixel called Show Me the Mini. Each month she will give you a free mini kit that coordinates with one of her kits. Your challenge it to use every piece in the mini to create a page. This month the mini coordinates with her newest collab with Sarah Bennett, Old Glory. Make sure to check it out and join her for this awesome challenge. Here is one of the pages I made using the Old Glory bundle that is available at Scrap Matters, Gotta Pixel and her personal store.



Sya's Blueprints has put out some really great templates in the last month, too.

This layout was done using Just the Pictures.


Here is one using The Chosen One Set 5.


And finally one using Reloaded Vol. 1.


As you can see I've been quite busy scrapping. These are just a few of the awesome new products that have been released since I last posted. Make sure to check out their stores to see the rest. :)

One more thing before I say goodbye for now.

Do you have Disney pictures you are having trouble scrapping because you don't know what to do with them? Well then check out the photo swap going on at Mouse Scrappers. Mouse Scrappers is a board set up for those that love scrapping Disney pictures. There are lots of various challenges going on there to help you get your pages scrapped and if that weren't enough there is also a gallery loaded with great pages to draw some inspiration from.


Well that is all for now, until next time...

Happy Scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment