Tuesday, July 20, 2010

We finally got a chance to go camping this past weekend. It's been since last Memorial Day weekend that we went last. It was a lot of fun, but I have to say that the mosquitos were out in full force. Apparently they thought I made a great meal, too, because my legs and feet are completely covered with bites. Ugh, they itch so bad and everything I have tried hasn't made it much better. Paul, the kids and I headed over on Thursday afternoon. We went to the Mall of America on Friday. Kailee got her first American Girl doll. She had so much fun playing with the display birthday party set up that her daddy decided to get her one of her own. She was so excited to get the doll. The lady at the checkout took it out of the box for her right away and she held tightly on to it for most of day. That is until we went to the Disney Store and she spotted a beanie Minnie Mouse. Michaella got another one of the little dogs with the carrier and Hunter had fun checking out the Lego store. All three kids thought the figures made out of the Legos were very neat. Hunter got to pick out another set to add to his growing Lego collection. He and Michaella have been working on putting it together since last night. Of course we had to cap the day off with a visit to the Rainforest Cafe. Kailee was quite enthralled with all the decorations. Friday night my parents, sister, her boyfriend and our Bolivian "sister" joined us at the campground. We headed to the Como Zoo on Saturday. That night my brother and his girlfriend came up to join us for our day at Valleyfair. My kids went on all the big coasters that they could, along with the water rides. They had a great time there.

Hunter has his last T-ball game this week. He really has done a great job this year. They stopped using the tee a couple weeks ago. They get 3 pitchs to try to hit it and then his coach lets them uses the tee again. He has been able to hit if off the pitch several times. Here is a page I did for this years season using Home Run Derby by Haynay Designs.



I took the kids to the zoo a couple weeks ago for their Animal Enrichment day. The zoo gives all the animal different objects for them to eat & play with. The kids had a great time watching the animal try out all the new items they were given. We even got lucky enough to see the zoo's three baby tigers. They were not supposed to be out on exhibit yet, but they decided they didn't want to go inside in the morning, so the zookeepers let them remain outside. Oh my were they so cute! I took so many pictures of them. lol. The baby tigers weren't the only babies we seen at the zoo that day. Check out this page using Lawteeda's A Day at the Zoo kit of all the little ones we see that day.



Kailee has absolutely loved being outside this summer. Everytime she goes outside she has to find a rock. Even when we are on pavement she has to try and look for a rock to pick up. She likes to just carry them around in her hands. When it's time to go back inside, she knows she has to put them back down. I used Trixie Scraps Nature Girl kit to scrap this page about Kailee and her rocks.



As I said in my last posting this is my guest month on the Scrap Matters' CT and I'm having a great time so far. I'm getting alot of scrapping done. Here are some of the pages I have completed so far.

These are the flamingos at Sea World in San Diego. When I seen the new Daily Download at Scrap Matters I knew exactly what pictures I was going to use to scrap with it. I just love the colors of this kit. If you missed this great kit during the Daily Download, never fear because at the end of the month Coastal Getaway will be available for sale in the shop.



Paul's dad's side rents the group cabin site at one of our local state parks every year for the weekend. The kids have a blast playing with their cousins. Of course what weekend wouldn't be complete without some water sports. WM Squared and Stolen Moments released Lakeside at Scrap Matters this past week & it's the perfect kit to scrap all the pictures from there. Here is Hunter & one of the other boys having a great time riding the water slide. They were having such a great time. The kids look forward to going every year. Unfortunately this year we weren't able to make it though, since we were camping by the cities last weekend.



I can't believe my baby sister graduated from high school this year. I used Graham Like the Cracker's Purple is my Signature Color kit to scrap these pictures of her receiving her diploma.



These page scrapped with Designs by Tater's Yankee Doodle Doo is from when we went to the Wisconsin Dells over the Fourth of July to celebrate my grandparents' 50th Anniversary.



One last page for this week. I used Inspirations from Day's new Summer Woods to scrap these pictures of the deer we seen when we were at the Royal Gorge in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment