Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Year in Pictures series

Another birthday... another cake done! :) Actually it was 2 birthdays, 2 cakes and 7 dozen cupcakes. Michaella was born on my mom's birthday. So that meant a cake for each of them, 3 dozen cupcakes for my mom and aunt (who also has her birthday the same day) to take to work, a dozen for Michaella's friend party and 3 dozen extra to put in the freezer for later. I had been asking Michaella since December what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday, but she didn't give me any ideas until about a week before her birthday. She handed me a post-it note with several ideas. One of them just happened to match with what I had been planning on making for her, so that worked out great.

Photobucket

Not have only have I been busy making cakes this past month, I've been working on getting the first kit and other starter items for my A Year in Pictures series finished. When I first started digi-scrapping in 2006, I was only going to do it to create photobooks for my parents and in-laws of the kids each year for Christmas because I was a die hard paper scrapper. Little did I know at that time what it would eventually lead to becoming basically digi exclusive. :) I did great the first 3 years getting them done and printed in time. Then I had Kailee, and I haven't been able to get another one done since. My plan this year is to change that and surprise them with another photobook at Christmas. That is how the idea for A Year in Pictures was born. I came up with a palette in a full rainbow of colors and decided to use that as my base for all the kits and pieces. What's great about this is if you are working on a yearly album or calendar when you are finished it will all be coordinated! The pieces all mix and match, too, giving you numerous options with what you can create. This series would also work great for all of you doing P365, P52 or P12 this year. And with that I reveal to you my new releases for this week.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also if you are a Disney fan and haven't checked out MouseScrappers yet make sure to head over there on Monday and check out the weekly scraplift challenge hosted by Aussiegirl. The participation prize is by none other than yours truly. :) Hope you like it.

Until next time...Happy Scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment