Thursday, April 14, 2011

Well here it finally is...My round 4 kit. But first the inspiration for it. :) Know now I mentioned in the post about the birthday cakes how much Kailee is liking frogs. Well that was my inspiration for this kit. :) This summer the kids found a little bitty toad and Kailee went absolutely nuts over the little thing. She couldn't get enough of it. She kept having to look at it in the bucket and trying to pick it up. The only problem with that was it since it was so tiny that she could squeeze it between her thumb and finger. :O They also found a furry caterpillar and she let it crawl up her arm.









So there it is, the inspiration to create this fun kit. :)



Making these last couple kits has really gotten the ideas flowing. I can't wait to get started on another one, but unfortunately it may have to wait awhile because I'm busy working on something that will be revealed to you very soon. That and Michaella's volleyball and dance schedules have really shaken things up around here. This next weekend she has a tournament on Saturday 1/2 an hour from here. On Sunday she has a dance competition that is 4 hours away. Unfortunately they aren't scheduled to dance until 5 pm, so it will be a late by the time we get home. Thankfully she doesn't have any of the state tests at school on Monday.

One last thing before I sign off. :) Check out these cupcakes I made for my grandma to take to their church sale. They are Neapolitan cupcakes with Neapolitan frosting. My little sister decided after seeing Michaella's birthday cupcakes that she wants me to try and do 3 colors of frosting on her cupcakes for the wedding. So what better time to give it a try than on a frosting that is made up of 3 different flavors! I discovered that when I do it the next time that I need to have a larger piping bag than my little 12" ones. With all that frosting in there at one time it was a bit too full. oops. ;) Sorry for the bad picture but I forgot to get a good one with my camera before my grandma came to pick them up. So I only have the picture I snapped with my phone to send to my sister. Next up I need to make 2 different types of frosting for one of my aunts to try. My cousin is graduating from high school this year and she doesn't like buttercream frosting, so she is looking for a whipped frosting to use instead. May have to try them for Easter. :)



Until next time...
Happy Scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment