Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wow what a weekend! I think we were home just long enough to sleep most days. :) The next few days don't look like they are going to be any slower either.

On Friday night we went to my grandparents to celebrate their 52nd Anniversary. (I'm still trying to finish up the pages for their photobook that I started for their first 50 years. Hoping to have it done in time to give it to them for Christmas this year. I'm over half way done, so...I'm thinking it should be)

Saturday afternoon I took the kids to the zoo. They were celebrating Earth Day there, so there were a bunch of different activities and booths set up throughout the zoo. The kids had a great time. From there we went straight to my parents'. My little sister had her senior prom on Saturday night & wanted me to take pictures for her. They had a rock 'n roll theme. My little sister's dress coordinated with the colors so well. She even did her nails to match the theme with musical notes on them. :) What a great sister I have for making it so easy for me to scrap it later. ;) Hunter & Kailee were also going to spend the night there, since Michaella & I had to go to Fargo on Sunday. My little brother was home from Georgia this weekend, too, so it was great seeing him again. Hunter spend most of the day with him on Sunday fishing. He loves his uncle so much and looks up to him a lot. :)



Why did we have to go to Fargo? Dance competition. :) They weren't scheduled to dance until 1:10, but we had to be up there by 11:30. So it was a very early morning. We left here around 6:00. I'm so not a morning person. :P We rode up there with one of Michaella's classmates. The girls had a great time on the way there and back. The team has been working on their routine since school started. When their scheduled time came to dance, the routines were getting all switched around. :O The girls finally danced at about 2:30. We were all starting to wonder if they were ever going to dance. They did a great job. The best they have done all year. I couldn't have been prouder of Michaella. They ended up getting gold and were very close to getting high gold. They also have the option of going to nationals in the Wisconsin Dells this summer. Still not sure if we are going to do that or not yet.

We didn't get home until around 9:30. Boy was it a long day. :) Spent most of yesterday trying to find my house back. Since we were only home basically just long enough to sleep this weekend, it was just enough time for us to make a major mess. lol. Still working on getting the laundry caught up, but I think just about everything else is much better.

So I don't know about the rest of you but I'm so looking forward to National Scrapbook Day next weekend! :) I think I have it set up with my parents to watch the kids for me that day. I have this next week and a half to get my house cleaned up & Paul's fuel tax paperwork done, so none of that is calling my name away from my scrapping that day. :) If you're looking for some fun new kits to try out this day make sure you head on over to Scrap Matters and check out Trixie Scraps new collab with Sarah Bennett. Sunday Afternoon is so pretty! The colors are perfect for my Yellowstone and Grand Teton photobook. I was so excited when she showed it to us. :)



While you are there make sure to also check out the beautiful new collab by the Scrap Matters designers. Because I'm a Woman is a great kit to celebrate all the great women in your life from young to old, including yourself. And the colors are so pretty. :)

Well that is all I have for today. Have a few things I need to get done around here before the kids get home from school and then I have to start doing Michaella's hair for her dance pictures tonight. :)

So until next time, happy scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment