Friday, August 3, 2012

I finally have my laptop back!!! Actually I've had it for a couple weeks now but life has been pretty busy around here, so I haven't had much time to work on it. :P I have a lot to tell you about today, too.

My husband and I were lucky enough to go to the Indy Corn 250 race at the Iowa Speedway in Newton, IA on June 23. I'm not normally a race fan, but that was so much fun! My best friend in high school liked racing, so I would go with her some Friday nights to the local Stock and Sprint car races. This was so much better. We went through Paul's work. We got to sit in the Firestone hospitality tent (the first tent in the Hospitality Village), which was great because it kept us dry during one of the rain storms. Unfortunately we were not quite back from the bathroom before the second one started, so we ended up drenched. They had food and drinks for us throughout the day, too. We were also given a seat cushion, rain gear in a nice little zippered bag, hats, program, can cooler and a lanyard thing for our drink tickets and name tags (which as we were sitting there waiting for the rain to end I was trying to figure out how to change the black Firestone logo into a Mickey Mouse head. lol. The pouch is red, so I decided it would be neat to use the next time we make it to Disney. ;) ). We also had passes to go down to the pits and walk through there. That was really neat to get so close to the cars. One of the drivers (the one that won that night even!) was able to make it out to the Firestone tent and give a little talk. The main race started only about 1/2 hour late, but they pushed the Indy Lites to afterward instead of before. We didn't get to see the race though because everyone wanted to fight through the crowd and get back to the hotel instead of waiting. We had a great time though and if we had the opportunity to do it again we decided we definitely would.

Photobucket

The winner and one of his teammates! :)

Our big event for the month of July was our county fair, which was last weekend. This was the kids' first time showing any animals and they both did a great job. Hunter did a model rocket (blue) and showed his rabbit (blue). Michaella brought a photograph (blue), cookies (blue) and showed her rabbit (blue) and a cow/calf pair from my in-laws (blue). The exciting part of fair though was when Michaella won Grand Champion for Junior Showmanship with her rabbit.

Photobucket

Next up is my little sister's wedding next Friday. Then my kids have a week off yet before they head back to school. Even Kailee gets to go to school this year, and she is so excited! (I on the other hand am sad that she is getting to be that old already. :( ) Michaella will be playing Jr. High Volleyball this year so that will keep the schedule hopping through about October.

Now on to my scrapping news for this week! First up is my new release for this week. This is another mini kit that goes with my A Year in Pictures series. It's perfect for all the summer celebrations. Don't forget to grab it this weekend during the 40% off sale!

Photobucket

Check out what my CT and the SM CT did with it.

Photobucket
(Gayle)

Photobucket
(Melinda)

Photobucket
(Krista)

Photobucket
(Li)

Photobucket
(Li)

If you aren't busy tonight make sure to stop by ScrapMatters and join the chat. There will be prizes, freebie and a whole lot of fun!

Photobucket

Have you heard?! ScrapMatters is turning 5 and we are kicking off the party this weekend with a sale! Don't forget to stop by my Facebook fan page where you will find an All Access Pass with some extra savings!

Photobucket

Also there will be lots of fun things going on in the forums and chat room all weekend. Here is a schedule of all the events.

Photobucket

The fun doesn't stop there! We are going to be celebrating all month long! We have some great designers that have come back to join us for the month of August to help us celebrate, too, and we have lots of fun things planned with them as well. :)

Well that's all I have for today, but stop back tomorrow to catch the ScrapMatters blog train.

Until next time...Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment