Friday, April 6, 2012

Twitterpated

Wow last weekend was a busy weekend. I got asked to make two different kids' birthday cakes. Thankfully it was a normal school week for me and I had Friday off so I was able to get them done. The first one was for one of Paul's cousins. Her little boy wanted a Mario cake so bad, but she couldn't find anything for him. He had his party with the family the week before and had a sports themed cake, but said he would REALLY like to have a Mario cake for his friend party on Friday night. She remembered I had made one for Hunter's birthday in May, so she sent me a message to see if I could possibly be able to do one for her by Friday. It's a little different than Hunter's but I still think it turned out great! :)

Photobucket

The other one I was asked to do was a penguin themed cake for a little girl's 3rd birthday. I met her mom through Kailee's early childhood classes. I think she turned out pretty cute! Everyone thought it was a stuffed animal at her party according to her mom. lol.

Photobucket

As I mentioned last week Friday night was Hunter's testing for his orange belt in Tae Kwon Do. He and I went into town early so he could get changed and warmed up before testing started. Thankfully Paul made it home and got the girls just in time. He got there while they were doing their warm-up routine. It was pretty packed down there that night, so I'm glad I was there early so I could get us seats. He did such a good job! From what I could tell he did both his forms right. When they were showing their sparing techniques his partner forgot how to do them. So Hunter tried helping him remember them and didn't get upset that he wasn't able to get through his own all the way. Then it was time to break the boards. He tried breaking it 3 times before they switch the holder. As soon as they switched the holder he got right through it! I'm proud to say he now is an orange belt with two stripes (the highest orange he can get)! I am so proud of him! :)

Photobucket

Saturday morning was spent watching my oldest at her second volleyball tournament of the JO season. They won 2 out of the 6 games they played. Unfortunately this tournament only had the first and second teams on each court move on to tournament play, so she was done playing after the pool play. She has come such a long way though from last year. She was able to get just about all her serves over the net! Still have to work on getting a little more muscle behind them, but that will come. Right now all the parents of the girls on her team call her serves "trick serves" because they look like they aren't going to make it over the net, but they do just before they drop. She makes them look like they are just gliding through the air.

Photobucket

Now before we go on to the new releases this week I want to make sure to remind you not to forget about applying for my CT call. There are just a few more days before it closes on Sunday at midnight Central time. To apply just click on the CT App tab up above.

Photobucket

Time to show you my new releases for this week! The Mixed Matters bags from last week have been broken down, so I have added my kit from it to my store this week. Springtime is definitely in the air and as Owl from Disney's Bambi says, "Nearly everyone gets twitterpated in the springtime." This is such fun, elegant spring kit that is great not only for your spring memories, but also pictures of you with your loved ones.

Photobucket

Here is some inspiration from my CT using this kit.

Photobucket
Wendy

Photobucket
Melinda

Next I have my Girly Girl Alpha that coordinates with last weeks' new release. It was the participation prize for the last weeks' Queen of Scrap challenge, so please check your files before purchasing.

Photobucket

Here is some inspiration from my CT using this fun girly alpha.

Photobucket
Melinda

Photobucket
Wendy

Photobucket
Melanie

Have you "liked" my Facebook fan page yet? If not, now is a great time to do so because I am offering this alpha that coordinates with this week's new release, Twitterpated, for free to my fans! Hurry though it will only be available for a limited time before it gets put in my store.

Photobucket

Well I think that is all for now. Off to spend the day with my kids since they don't have school today because of Easter. Also hoping to get a little bit of spring cleaning done before they have to go to practice tonight with Paul for our church's Easter cantata.

Until next time...Happy scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Love this alpha! Thanks for sharing! Just found your blog; gonna have a look around!

    ReplyDelete