Sunday, March 14, 2010

Well it's just the kids and I again this weekend. Paul got unloaded in Kansas on Friday and the truck decided to spring an oil leak. grrrr. So he is unfortunately stuck out there until at least Monday. Hopefully the part he needs gets there then and he can get moving again. (anyone looking for a truck? I have one I'm looking to get rid of. ;) )

I picked up Michaella's Girl Scout cookies on Friday. So far I have been very good and they are still closed. But boy are they calling my name from the cupboard. lol. :) I'm thinking this is going to be her last year in Girl Scouts so I really have to make those cookies last. They have the meeting on Saturday mornings and she has probably only been able to make to about 3 of them so far this year. Paul thinks we should put them in 4-H, so that they both are involved and we don't have to worry about a ton of different meetings for various activities then. He was in 4-H when he was younger, so he says he can help them with their projects. (The catch is he would have to have time when he is home to actually do that though.) We have a couple more months to decide what we are going to do.

Well Michaella's dance performance went fine on Saturday morning, even though about half of her class wasn't there. (neither was the teacher, for that fact.) They did a good job of improvising where they needed to. I received a call from my mother-in-law at 1:00 that afternoon wondering were everyone was. I didn't think to call and tell her that the time had changed for when they dance, so she went by the time that was printed in the paper and all the advertisements. (normally she has a tendency to forget about it and not show up.)

Just found out this afternoon that school is starting early next year. In the state of Minnesota, schools are not allowed to start before Labor Day. Well last year our school along with 20 other ones in the area petitioned the state to start what is called a "flexible learning schedule". The state made it sounds like they were going to approve it then, so the schools all went ahead and made a school calendar with that start date and sent the new schedule home at the end of the school year. They were supposed to find out in May or so if it didn't go through. In the middle of June, they suddenly we told that it wasn't going to be allowed. So they all decided to try again this year, and it finally got approved. So that means my kids now start school on Aug. 23 instead of Sept. 7. That also means that we should get out before June though, too. (I'm kind of excited about that. :) ) It also puts our schools more in line with the area schools in Iowa and South Dakota. Hopefully it also means they will be able to build a couple snow days into the calendar again next year, unlike this year.

I forgot to mention who I'm going to be guest CT'ing for in my last post. The official announcement was made earlier this week in the Scrap Matters forum. :) I'll be doing a one kit guest CT for Man in the Moon Designs! I'm so excited! I have loved her designs since the Design Star contest last year. One of her recent kits is being used for the Quick Page Exchange. (for details on that see a couple post below. :) )

Andilynn Designs has two great new products out this week, Fair are the Meadows and Facts Matter Vol. 1. I just love the colors in Fair are the Meadows. They feel so springy. Here is one of the layouts I've made using these awesome products. She also has a great freebie up on her blog until the 18th to go with this.

Well that is all for now. :) Until next time, Happy Scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment